is the second largest and the longest of the Canary
Islands that stands 60 miles (about 100 km.) from
the coast of North Africa and situated just on the
south of Lanzarote.
Fuerteventura Municipalities & Towns
Fuerteventura is divided into 5 municipalities
that include Antigua, Betancuria, La Oliva, Pajara,
Puerto del Rosario and Tuineje. Puerto del Rosario
is the capital.
Spanish is the official language in
- New Year Day: 1st of January.
- Epiphany : 6th of January.
- Good Friday: April.
- Labor Day : 1st of May.
- Canaries Day : 30th of May.
- Assumption of the Virgin Mary : 15th of August.
- Spanish National Day : 12th of October.
- All Saints Day : 1st of November.
- Constitution Day : 6th of December.
- The Immaculate Conception Feast : 8th of December.
- Christmas Day : 25th of December.
Fuerteventura has a perfect warm climate. The
average annual temperature is 23°C. It can be
considered that there is always spring in
240 V AC, 50 Hz. and 2 pin-plugs are the
The international country dialing code for Spain
City code for Fuerteventura is 928. (+ 34 928 xxx xx
Euro (EUR) is the currency.
Local time is GMT +1 (+2 in summer).