is the capital and the largest city of Spain
located in the central Spain. Approximately
50 million tourists visits Madrid in Spain every year. Madrid is the the center
of the transportation network of Spain.
Spanish is the official languages that is spoken in Madrid.
- New Year Day : 1st of January.
- Epiphany : 6th of January.
- San José : March.
- Maundy Thursday and Good Friday : March/April
- Labor Day : 1st of May.
- Autonomous Community Day : 2nd of May.
- San Isidro : 15th of May.
- Carpus Cristie : Mid June.
- Assumption Day : 15th of August.
- Spanish National Day : 12th of October.
- Almudena : 9th of November.
- The Immaculate Conception Feast : 8th of December.
- Christmas Day : 25th of December.
Madrid has a temperate continental climate with nice springs, hot summers, long
and mild autumns and winters that is not that cold. The yearly average temperature is
20°C. The average temperature in July is 24°C and 5°C in January.
Transportation through the city can be made via public busses, taxis,
underground metro, funiculars, trams and vehicle/car hire and rentals. Public
transportation is very easy through the city. Metro is the fast and cheapest way
to travel around Madrid. And the Madrid Cercanías Trains which is a light
railway operates to Madrid's surroundings.
220 V AC, 50 Hz. and 2 pin-plugs are the standards.
The international country dialing code for Spain is +34.
City code for Madrid is 91. (+ 34 91 xxx xx xx )
Euro (EUR) is the currency.
Local time is GMT +1 (+2 in summer).