Tenerife is the largest and the most developed
of all among the
Islands with over 350 kilometers of coastline and wide variety of
beaches. Tenerife is a volcanic island and one of
the most popular holiday destination in Europe.
beaches are really amazing, clean, good looking and peaceful. There are 8
Blue Flag beaches in Tenerife. Golden sandy beaches
and wonderful shorelines are best in the south of
the island ranging from the busy beach of
Playa de las Américas,
to peaceful Las Galletas. There are also lots of
nudist beaches in Tenerife.
Tenerife is a Spanish province named
Santa Cruz de Tenerife and is divided into 31
municipalities that include Adeje, Arafo, Arico,
Arona, Buenavista del Norte, Candelaria, Fasnia,
Garachico, Granadilla de Abona, La Guancha , Guía de
Isora, Güímar, Icod de los Vinos, La Matanza de
Acentejo, La Orotava, Puerto de la Cruz, Los
Realejos, El Rosario, San Cristóbal de La Laguna,
San Juan de la Rambla, San Miguel de Abona, Santa
Cruz de Tenerife, Santa Ursula, Santiago del Teide,
El Sauzal, Los Silos, Tacoronte, El Tanque, Tegueste,
La Victoria de Acentejo and Vilaflor.
Spanish is the official language in Tenerife.
- New Year Day: 1st of January.
- Epiphany : 6th of January.
- Carnival Day : 28th of February.
- Good Friday: March/April.
- Labor Day : 1st of May.
- Canaries Day : 30th of May.
- Spanish National Day : 12th of October.
- All Saints Day : 1st of November.
- Constitution Day : 6th of December.
- The Immaculate Conception Feast : 8th of December.
- Christmas Day : 25th of December.